Urushiol Oil is Potent
- Only 1 nanogram (billionth of a gram) needed to cause rash
- Average is 100 nanograms for most people
- 1/4 ounce of urushiol is all that is needed to cause a
rash in every person on earth
- 500 people could itch from the amount covering the head of a pin
- Specimens of urushiol several centuries old have found to cause
dermatitis in sensitive people.
- 1 to 5 years is normal for urushiol oil to stay active on any surface
including dead plants
- Derived from urushi, Japanese name for lacquer
When the Japanese restored the gold leaf on the golden Temple in
Kyoto, they painted the urushiol lacquer on it to preserve and
maintain the gold. Guess you could say that you would be caught
red handed if you stole it.
How do you....