|Hello. I've had poison ivy 1 to many times in my life. I woke up at 6am scratching to what I thought was mosqiuto bites.. I opened the light to find a rash..I had poison ivy. Worse thing about it was that I was in Aruba on my 1 yr anniversary with my wife. I get it at least 2 times a year even trying to avoid it!
Anyway! I tried everything! The things I found that work the BEST are these in order.
1. SALT WATER OCEAN! (Go jump in if you can!, it will clear them right up and relieve the itching)
2. CalaGel. Anti Itch gel (CVS, any pharmacy)
3. Tecnu - Skin cleanser (cleans oils of the skin)
4. Baby powder. Yes, keep the rash dry and relieve some itchness
5. Cold Dry Air. (Dont get hot, sweat, be in the sun.)
6. Stay away from plants, bushes, trees, ect.
Hope that helps.
P.S - Try not to take a shower everyday, you need to keep them dry. When you do - Throw the towel right into the Washer alone.